ART-DECOR® Open Tools...
...has been established as an Entrepreneurial Company with limited liability (German Unternehmensgesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung). It handles commercial aspects of the ART-DECOR® tool suite development and thus complements the ART-DECOR® Expert Group that drives the development.
The main objectives of art-decor-open-tools.net are...
- ...to handle business related to the servers hosted by art-decor.org regarding payment and maintenance
- ...to offer and handle support plans for foreign hosted servers for organizations who want ART-DECOR® server support for development or production environments, hosted on their servers
- ...to offer and handle support plans for ART-DECOR® hosted servers for organizations who want ART-DECOR® server support for development or production environments, hosted on our servers
- ...to allow to accept donations
- ...to provide sustainability.
Is copyright affected?
We heard questions about a possible change of license, intellectual property rights or copyrighted material because of the ART-DECOR® Open Tools company.
The ART-DECOR® tool suite remains open source as before, neither licensing nor intellectual property rights have changed by the formation of the ART-DECOR® Open Tools company. All intellectual property rights of projects and included artefacts that are run on one of our servers is not touched and remains with the governance group / persons driving the project.
What about the colors?
In Sir Isaac Newton’s (1666) color wheel the light blue is the opposite of the orange we usually use (as the commercial branch is something like the opposite of the open source branch).
The dots come from the two dots of the trademarked ART-DECOR® logo. The dots are also used for the logo of the ART-DECOR Expert Group driving the development of the tool with the color orange.
Another nice story is the color of the buttons in the ART-DECOR tools suite. Green buttons do not change anything but offers new views on data etc. Orange buttons though, do change things. That is why edit buttons for example are orange.
ART-DECOR® 2.0 and ART-DECOR® 3.0 buttons